CMU Healthcare Affiliate Hospitals
Our affiliate hospitals are located within minutes of one another and have formed strong and productive working relationships with each other. Because of this team approach, we can provide our residents and students with the best learning experiences from each affiliate institution.
Residents and medical students rotate at Covenant Medical Center - Cooper, Covenant Medical Center - Harrison and St. Mary's of Michigan .
Covenant and St. Mary's of Michigan consistently receive recognition for their outstanding patient care. Covenant was named among the top hospitals nationally.
Both institutions have started the new millennium with growth and progress on their agendas. Both are expanding, especially with ambulatory care facilities into surrounding communities.
At our member hospitals, you will find:
- One of the largest and most technically sophisticated neurosurgery intensive care units in Michigan. Saginaw Valley Neurosurgery performs more neurological procedures than any other institute or practice in the state.
- Cardiac catheterization laboratories, cardiac evaluation and rehabilitation center, and cardiac surgery.
- A regional hemodialysis center for dialysis and pre-kidney transplant treatments .
- The only dedicated burn unit in the 14-county East Central Michigan Region.
- The East Central Michigan Regional Cancer Treatment Center.
- Pre-hospital care, EMS helicopter service.
- Our affiliate hospitals handle nearly 90,000 Emergency Department visits per year.
- Breast Diagnostic Center, which performs more than 15,000 procedures annually.
- The Frank Andersen Regional Eye Institute.
- The only regional neonatal intensive care unit in East Central Michigan.
- Pediatric intensive care unit.
- Combined bed capacity of nearly 1,000.
In 1999, St. Mary's of Michigan was named one of the top 100 hospitals in the nation for angioplasty, and Covenant HealthCare was named one of the top 100 hospitals in the U.S. for Open Heart/Coronary Bypass Graft Surgery in the category of teaching hospitals without cardiovascular residency programs.
In addition to our major participating institutions, you will have opportunities to participate in rotations at Saginaw's Veterans Administration Medical Center, Hurley Medical Center in Flint, MI., and the University of Michigan, among others.